GSR 0.00% 1.1¢ greenstone resources limited

Tinyboat, nice work. Seen these battery minerals smoulder along...

1. 4,984 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2650
    Tinyboat, nice work. Seen these battery minerals smoulder along for some time then pop. Creasy's interest in some of these assets in other companies here and abroad is significant and long term strategy. As such, I feel the cobalt/nickel in joint venture is well protected, yet from memory I think CNJ repaid bar a considerable loan, so the alliance remains interdependent for mutual gain.

The longer timeframe suits me too, because that's where I have made large returns that outweigh the short to medium term in over 30 years of trading and investing. I like to buy value in the ground on the lows. As you say it will be unlocked one day. Given the expected surge in demand for battery minerals, that day will be sooner than later with the associated gain in price. Because the quantity of the minerals is large, then the value is high. Spread this thinking over a number of companies and a couple seem to fire on a regular basis like a motor's pistons on different strokes to generate power. They don't all fire at the same time. When individual stocks (based on research) do take off, you are in low enough to weather the usual shenanigans of the market makers and temporary blow ins. I keep a core holding and trade a few to reduce average costs on the spikes. Sometimes I am able to be free carried and cash those stocks if better opportunities arise to grow capital. Sure there are losers, but the net gain across all stocks is what counts and that's how I spread risk when the reward probability does not work out for some reason usually from left field like e.g. Covid 19. Murphy's law is real.

You raise valid points in relation to strategic security of these assets both from government and commerce. Control of them is a waiting game. Positioning oneself for change enables survival and growth. A few pips around this level is insignificant in the long run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GSR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.