BPT 1.02% $1.49 beach energy limited

Its a big move and I find a lot of interesting stuff written...

1. 167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Its a big move and I find a lot of interesting stuff written here from various viewpoints.
    Look there is no doubt that some tried and tested rules work which include a diversified portfolio, stoploss, not averaging down
    and a few others mentioned here and for people new to the trade these rules will ensure capital preservation and allow a period to trade
    another day and learn.
    But rules can be looked at differently as experience is gained as basic guides and a more creative licence evolves.
    I have ignored stoploss sometimes as I have concluded a strong recovery. VOC a while back and FLT are two that come to mind
    and I did well. NST is a stock I strongly averaged down on and eventually sold very recently for a small profit after facing a large loss.
    But break the rules at your own risk.
    I bought BPT at closing auction and broke the "don't try to catch a falling knife rule". My reason are , and I may be wrong so don't take this as any sort of advice.
    I smelled panic yesterday.....stop losses kicked in and recall from banks....down day on market...a sort of mini crash which I thought was far
    an over reach of the news in the announcement.
    It looks like a spike to me.
    The support cluster at 1.29 was hit time and time again and was very strong with millions of shares sold. This was hit in Dec 2018 and turned.
    The next support is 1.15 and is very strong also, meaning downside is manageable
    I hope for a bounce. But if I'm wrong, Ill manage, apply a stoploss strategy and learn a lesson.
    Just my thoughts. Thanks

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.49
Change
0.015(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $3.399B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.48 $1.51 $1.47 $9.879M 6.634M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 119980 $1.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.50 67389 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.