FIG 0.00% 2.0¢ freedom insurance group ltd

I started planning my exit from FIG in June before the 45...

1. 3,479 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 119
    I started planning my exit from FIG in June before the 45 million shares came out of Escrow on the release on the release of full year financials. I posted this when the share price was 87 cents and declared I did not hold. Hopefully others got out as well.

"Nice pick up BTB. I was nervous with 45 million shares coming out of Escrow the day the FY 17 results are announced. Market is addicted to them smashing guidance so if they don't go better than the top end of EBITDA guidance Mr Market will be cranky. There will also be pre IPO holders in the escrow stock that would have taken stock below 35 cents. There's just too much profit on the table to resist for the escrowed holders"

Fund flow control stock prices and for directors to sell 20% of their holding then follow up with a downgrade when an upgrade was expected means there are some very irate fund managers. Another 45 million Escrow stock coming out in Feb. I think this is what has undone them. On the 2nd of October they announced this in the financial report:

" No matter or circumstance has arisen since 30 June 2017 that has significantly affected, or may significantly affect the Group’s operations, the results of those operations, or the Group’s state of affairs in future financial years "

Some 30 days later they announce "recent lead performance issues have impacted call centre efficiency and conversion rates". If you take the low end of revenue guidance H1 FY 18 could be as much as 17% down on H2F17.

I guess "significant " is the key word here ?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.