PET 0.00% 2.5¢ phoslock environmental technologies limited

I rarely comment but generally love to read what people think on...

1. 51 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    I rarely comment but generally love to read what people think on this forum.
    I bought PET about 2-3 years ago ... firstly smalls in the low 30s, then lots in the 40s.
    I believe in the product, the management and the strategy.
    I think their execution in China has been absolutely first class and looks likely to continue that way for a significant amount of time going forward. I fully expect either the share price to rally significantly in the next year or two or for it to be taken over by someone.

That said. When the market cap rose to 750-800 Million I sold out of everything. I love PET but that was just crazy and represented irrational thinking given the pace of the move. It happens often in the share market. I have been part of it a few times before and taken profits only to see the market continue to become even more irrational after i sold out, but them's the breaks and that is trading/investing.

The management who sold some shares used their heads rather than their hearts. They've worked on this for quite some time and deserve to bank some profits and improve their lives. Begrudging them that is unfair.
    The institutions who bought in more than likely did so with a pretty long term view otherwise they will already be out.
    I find it unlikely that they loaned out shares thinking they'd help shorters. Its just not rational to facilitate someone else to drive the price lower of an asset that you own. We should welcome the institutional investors not resent them. Their buying is a signal that PET will be big.

I bought back in yesterday and I will buy more in the coming days and weeks.

I thank the short sellers for restoring some initial sanity to the price. Unfortunately for many they have sparked some panic among holders desperate to get out with something. Sad but again that is the market. Enter at your own risk.
    Without doubt, like all small caps there will be volatility. Frustrating but inevitable. Nothing goes one way forever.

As always ... DYOR but good luck to all.

S

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.