ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Its a terrible result, for all concerned. Chasing volume at the expense of excessive margin erosion normally ends in tears.

I feel sorry for the employees of BWX, as surely many of them will be caught up in the CEO’s search for savings.

The part that I do not get is that they are taking Go-To into the supermarkets.

When Sukin entered the supermarkets, didn’t this destroy product margins and anger the pharmacy sales channel, which was one of their best performing customer segments? I think Sukin entering the supermarkets devalued the brand and was a significant contribution to the current state of play.

Go-To is meant to be a cool / cult brands and IMO, you do not buy a cool / cult brand in a supermarket. From memory, when Go-To launched, they sold exclusively in David Jones.

Sadly, it looks like the Sukin mistake is being repeated with the Go-To brand.

On the costs / supplier side, BWX will also struggle. Costs are going up everywhere and with their reduced volumes, their buying power and ability to negotiate with suppliers has probably reduced, so a double whammy when it comes to getting the business back on track.

I also think we will see a capital raising in the new year and more bad news out of BWX in 2023.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BWX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.