BWX 0.00% 20.0¢ bwx limited

Its a terrible result, for all concerned. Chasing volume at the...

1. 1,351 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 97
    Its a terrible result, for all concerned. Chasing volume at the expense of excessive margin erosion normally ends in tears.

I feel sorry for the employees of BWX, as surely many of them will be caught up in the CEO’s search for savings.

The part that I do not get is that they are taking Go-To into the supermarkets.

When Sukin entered the supermarkets, didn’t this destroy product margins and anger the pharmacy sales channel, which was one of their best performing customer segments? I think Sukin entering the supermarkets devalued the brand and was a significant contribution to the current state of play.

Go-To is meant to be a cool / cult brands and IMO, you do not buy a cool / cult brand in a supermarket. From memory, when Go-To launched, they sold exclusively in David Jones.

Sadly, it looks like the Sukin mistake is being repeated with the Go-To brand.

On the costs / supplier side, BWX will also struggle. Costs are going up everywhere and with their reduced volumes, their buying power and ability to negotiate with suppliers has probably reduced, so a double whammy when it comes to getting the business back on track.

I also think we will see a capital raising in the new year and more bad news out of BWX in 2023.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BWX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.