BYE 0.00% 5.4¢ byron energy limited

Ann: Byron Corporate Update, page-265

1. 562 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    There has been a lot of talk about gas and oil prices "reverting to mean" or "acting like a skipping stone", with the next move on the downside. But I don't see how prices can go down.

The "powers that be" are dead set on opening up the world. Get vaccinated or be vilified. Open the boarders. Let the cheap labour in. The spice must flow! In short, demand seems set to rise.

But who would be dumb enough to invest in deep sea drilling or large infrastructure projects to satisfy that demand, when every man and his dog is talking about going carbon neutral in 2035? Surely the big players are going to sit on their hands and let the money roll in from existing infrastructure? And if that's Fracking, then it has a very high depletion rate.

I can only assume that Iran will be brought in from the cold to allow it to sell it's oil and gas. But will KSA allow them to ruin the party? And if the US is set on bringing it's production home, to replace china, isn't that going to require large amounts of energy to build their capacities up?

Am I missing something? Because all I can see is energy prices going up, and inflation on basic goods following.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.