AZY 8.33% 1.1¢ antipa minerals limited

Ann: Calibre Gold Resource Increases 62% to 2.1 Million Ounces, page-127

1. 2,406 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1279
    More great work Salpetie, and thanks again!

That line across the Boxer anomaly is fascinating, isn't it?

It looks like they have done a very effective test of the anomaly at that point (at long, long last), particularly given the length of time you report they have spent at each drill site. The drill collars appear to be 200m apart according to your scale bar, so at -60 declination should be at least 400m deep.

We have no idea of the dip direction of course, and the holes look to be regularly-spaced. But if I was drilling it as shown and moving from NE to SW, I would be drilling towards a southwest azimuth, and backing the rig in that direction, to ensure that I had top-and-tail drill coverage across the anomaly. That presumes a NE to vertical dip.

Alternately though, if they are simply drilling at a pre-set spacing to a pre-set depth, they could equally well be drilling towards a northeast azimuth, to intersect a SW dip. In which case, if holes 1 and 2 could have intersected signs of mineralisation, then hole 3 might take longer than the other two and be a deeper hole drilling under whatever was found in the other two.

200m-spaced RC holes with top and tail coverage at 400m deep should only take about 2 days each, so your suggestion that they may have drilled RC pre-collars with diamond tails could well be correct. Perhaps they have pre-collared to the base of Permian, or to the top of any visible mineralisation. Although they'd need to be getting 40m a shift in the diamond drilled sections, and drilling 2x12h shifts back to back to complete the holes in 5 days. It would make very good sense to diamond drill such a high priority target though, to get a complete understanding of the geology and structure at the outset.

We can only hope that they have found signs of decent mineralisation there! And not some other geological explanation for the GAIP response.

Regards,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
-0.001(8.33%)
Mkt cap ! $51.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $87.49K 7.534M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 20884956 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 11814202 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AZY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.