TBR 2.70% $3.42 tribune resources limited

Increase in productionHere "Operations with lower gold output in...

1. 7,087 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 74
    Increase in production
    Here

"Operations with lower gold output in the September quarter included Newmonts Tanami mine, down 19,000oz and the Super Pit, down 16,000oz. Increased output came from the East Kundana joint venture (Barrick/Tribune Resources/Rand Mining), up 19,000oz; Barricks Yilgarn South operations, up 13,000oz; and AngloGolds Sunrise Dam mine, up 8,000oz."

Wow sorry for big stuff up on Ghana; I was sure that I had read it but now all points to it being number 2 African producer behind South Africa, but largest in West Africa.
    Here

Bloody big sites though..
    Here
    Newmont of the US and South Africa’s Anglogold Ashanti, respectively the world’s second and third biggest gold companies, are aiming to increase their production in Ghana by a combined 1m ounces over the coming years.

“The group realises that, in terms of long-term strategy, this is the place to focus on,” says Kwame Addo-Kufuor, head of corporate affairs in Ghana for Anglogold, which merged with Ashanti Goldfields in 2004.

He adds that Obuasi, the company’s flagship Ghanaian mine, is slated to last until 2040, “well after the South African mines have tailed off”. Anglogold aims to produce 1m ounces a year in Ghana within five years, up from 557,000 ounces last year.

It is lavishing 14 per cent of group capital expenditure on Obuasi and its sister mine and, Mr Addo-Kufuor says, would consider acquisitions.

Compared with South African shafts that delve 4km into the earth, some Ghanaian mines still evoke the assessment of the 19th-century explorer who enthused that “you could pick up gold as you would potatoes”.

And
    Here image on page 21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TBR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.