CAN 0.00% 6.2¢ cann group limited

CAUTION - to all of us.We do not need extra taxation at this...

1. 891 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    CAUTION
    - to all of us.

We do not need extra taxation at this nascent stage of our industry - it is very last thing we need.

Check California as just one example - initially, legal camnabis started making inroads into BM market share. But then it went backwads again >> because of taxation. Legal biz was simply uncompeditive.

The Greens and the Legalise Cannabis party (my friends) are both currently pushing the line, on their legislative changes proposals, that 28 billion in taxes can be raised over the next 10 years - av about 3 BILLION extra costs to our industry every year.
    They think this sweetner will help change legislaters minds, and it will. But it is a poison pill for the legal industry.

To date - although growing, we have hardly made a signifacant dint into BM market dominance.
    Reliable drug financial analysts have estimated that organised
    crime is reaping 9 bill per year from their BM operations.

Take a look at the massive busts of polytunnel and grrleenhouse operations that happen evey month or two like clockwork.
    They dwarf australia's legal production and that is perhaps ony 10% of the stuff that get thru.

And policing is never going to have a significant impact - the Drug War is a failed state << Fact backef up by the evidence of 50 years of US inspired terrorist style tactics.
    Ffs they could pull out the nuckear option as i am sure some of them would love to do - but it would not make one gram of difference.

Compeditiveness will detirmine the outcome of this war and our efforts to build a stable prifitatable industry.
    Compeditiveness ONLY.

lol, as bit of a lifelong leftie i never thought i would be mouthing this statement..
    Taxation is Death - but for our infant industry that will most certainly be true.
    Last edited by NoRunningLights: 21/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.