CP1 0.00% 17.0¢ cannpal animal therapeutics limited

Seems either the market or, more likely I am confused about the...

1. 91 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    Seems either the market or, more likely I am confused about the value of shares here considering (correct me if I'm wrong) every share owned here at 18.4c are worth 1.3 shares in AC8 at the current price of 14c. So this means that any CP1 shares acquired for less than 18.4c will equate to 1.3 shares multiplied (in value) by the discount as a percentage of 18.4c - if that makes sense to anyone - can't understand why anyone would be buying shares in AC8 at 14c instead of CP1 at a discount? An odd sort of arbitrage possible unless I'm missing something.

Granted there's obvious risk around the AC8 shares continuing to trade at or above 14c (now 13.5) until the acquisition occurs around next March.

On the flip side - we now have 2 potential companies worth of announcements to mutually buoy both SP's so not all bad.

Personally, while I acknowledge it's a fairly high risk proposition and the shares in both companies could trend sideways to down over the next few months (without even considering macro risks) - my very uneducated reading of the chart actually leads me to consider this a pretty good LT entry point for AC8 and to introduce some optimistic figures, there's at least 2 higher gaps I saw - one ~27c and one ~60c.

Just my thoughts and opinions anyway, take them for what they're worth (free).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.