ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 720 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 210
    Appreciate the civil tone. I can guarantee we both are wrong. The quest is to be approximately right.

Sales and marketing is below the gross profit line in accounts. I am unaware of the company stating a 40% gross profit margin goal. Can you source this? The most optimistic analyst forecast I've seen have GP margins in five years at 30%, which is probably realistic expansion given GP margins in the second half of FY21 were 26%.

Gross profit margin expansion (reduction in cost of goods sold) is challenged by excise taxes. A 700 ml, 40% alc/vol, bottle of spirits selling for $60 has excise taxes of $25 (41%). The excise tax on a $5, 375 ml, RTD can at 6% alc/vol is $2 or 40%. Excise taxes have been steadily rising.

I don't have any axe to grind, or agenda here, other than highlighting risk. I don't have a short position and appreciate the challenge that the founders/management have in succeeding. My point is not that they cannot make a profit, it's that there will be a lot of negative cash flows (and capital raising) for years to come before they can turn a profit (which is before positive cash flows due to the increases in working capital as a result of the lead time between investment and sales for whisky and agave). The blowout of overheads from prospectus just increases this time (revaluation of agave assets in a non-cash item). This time until profitability ASSUMES a significant sales growth CAGR.

To answer your question - the $75 mill overhead included everything, but was a MINIMUM forecast imho. You don't have overheads growing by 200% in the last year suddenly going to zero growth for the next five years while sales go up over 10 times.

As a heads up on your depreciation estimate - most of depreciation has been placed in cost of goods sold using a per volume production attribution (TSI adopted policy) which minimises depreciation whilst production is lower in the early years. If they used straight line depreciation - NPAT would be lower.

My main argument was that overheads blew out significantly from prospectus forecasts and were saved on the EBITDA and earnings numbers by a non-prospectus, non-cash flow, agave crop revaluation number of +$5 mill. A revaluation that eventually (assuming the crop reaches maturity) will transfer to inventory and added to cost of goods sold, crimping future gross margins. It does however make the non-cash NPAT and EBITDA look better in the early years, as well as the debt ratios, so I can understand why it was used. I just have some doubt over their assumed 3.5 years to pina maturity (4 years from planting) when research suggests a longer maturation time. I also don't like the smoke and mirrors not highlighting how it was used to "make" prospectus numbers.

Analysis is about determining probabilities, not absolutes. I wish every shareholder good fortune - it will be a tremendous achievement to succeed imho - but the odds of success don't warrant investing imho.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TSI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.