AVR 0.48% $18.80 anteris technologies ltd

I appreciate the viewpoint, but I would opine that in my scanty...

1. 1,840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    I appreciate the viewpoint, but I would opine that in my scanty and unenlightened overview of the ASX, I have never noticed conversions of options when the oppies are about to expire, and are under water.
    I get what you mean that a large clutch of held options means the holder can definitely acquire heads at a set price of $8.00 (and not have to compete on the open market, where a largish acquisition would presumably push up the heads' SP), but ...

...if by early-to-mid December, the AVRO's look likely to finish underwater (and before any presumable interested AVRO holder starts a last-minute conversion) then the market preception will be - oh well, oppies aren't going to contribute to the company's liquidity, therefore more CR's, therefore more shareholder pessimism, and therefore the heads' SP will drop waaaay below $8.00.

Having muttered thusly, I will throw in some reckless - if not optimism, at least a strange precedent:
    (figures are approximate, the best of my unchecked memory)

a few years ago I held oppies in a biotech - heads' ASX code was BLT ('Benitec' ?).
    Oppies had about 4 weeks before expiry, heads SP was about $0.30 (?), my oppies conversion price was about $2.00.
    Couldn't give them away.
    BLT price suddenly skyrocketed to $2.40+, oppies in the money. I did in fact sell them, albeit a week too soon.

So, strange things happen.

But this time around? December 2021 AVRO?

This punk is not feeling lucky.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.80
Change
-0.090(0.48%)
Mkt cap ! $361.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.01 $19.11 $18.73 $16.00K 844

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 700 $18.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.93 431 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.49am 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.