MYL 0.00% 70.0¢ mallee resources limited

And the timing couldn't be better. Not sure if people saw saw...

1. 610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 756
    And the timing couldn't be better. Not sure if people saw saw the announcment overnight in the US that Australia has been granted preferred staus ahead of China to supply processed critical minerals (Lithium, NICKEL, cobalt and graphite) for the US vehicle battery program under new laws signed off by Biden this week. Was reported on the front page of today's The Australian newspaper. Huge news. The article claims it could be worth billions of $$ to Australia's mining and manufacturing industries.

Under the deal, 40 percent of the value of the critical minerals used in batteries (ie EVs, household and commercial battery storage facilities, any battery associated with the transition to clean energy) MUST be sourced from a country that has a free'trade agreement with the US (ie Australia), rising to 80 per cent by 2027.

I'm struck by how MYL shareholders have finally lucked in here with the timing and the commodity the MYL board have managed to secure. And it's important to remember this is not any ordinary nickel deposit. The nickel produced at Avebury is battery grade nickel, will be in demand and we will be in production shortly. Then there's the exploration upside as well.

Once we re-list (an achievement in itself if the CR gets us any amount above $20m in this market), get past any initial churn of shares and the share price, ramp up production, get the first six months of concentrate production out the door (and report to the market that the company is earning serious $$$$), then reach name plate - happy days.

And well deserved for us patient MYL holders. Hats off to everyone who put their hand in their pocket and helped give this CR a chance of success. I'm looking forward to hearing good news from the company in the next week or so that the ASX is finally going to grant us approaval to get back on the boards.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.