NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

Ann: Capital raising to accelerate growth opportunities, page-170

1. 3,556 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    I actually like seeing my stock fall, I don’t have the size birdman’s holdings in one single stock, but I come pretty close to it. And I love it when the shares fall and I see my PF down a big %, as it gives me the opportunity to accumulate.

I managed to top up NEA at $1.05, $1.21 and $1.50 during the March rout and early in the recovery.

Clearly Pomodoro, you are a trader looking for in and out, in and out. Follow the hot money and the smart money. Momentum trade, in and out. And sure, that can work if you know what you’re doing as you seem to.

However many people here would be investors, who plonk in money hoping for 7-15% returns per annum, and aren’t smart enough to pick timings, so simply invest for 5-25 years. They will be the type of people who buys NEA at $2.50 or $3.20 but who is to say they are wrong? The Nearmap story is just beginning to play out. ANZ was chapter one and two. The USA story will be chapters three to probably 10, and then all the other markets plus 3D, historical data and intelligence they can sell.

Birdman is in a different category of investors, one of a kind. He has a large portion (but I wouldn’t say all, as I do not know his finances and do not wish to speculate as that is poor form) of his wealth tied up to this company. For sure he would be a very interested market participant. But I suspect he couldn’t care less how his holdings gyrate on a daily basis. Only caring about what in the bajeezus is this wonderful company of which he has between $1m-$3m in shares of (depending on how the market feels on the day) is doing ... whether they are winning new contracts, flying new routes... it’s probably a bit of a hobby now more than anything, as I assume he is retired and living a comfortable life and doesn’t need the money. Like I said - in a different category. I couldn’t live like that with so many eggs in one basket, but he can and I am certainly not going to judge nor be salty about it!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.