AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Ann: Capital Raising Update, App3B and Section 708(A) notice, page-285

1. 882 Posts.
    Aljazeera is a good source for monitoring. What i learnt is summarised below obviously far from complete:

A verbal agreement for transition has been brokered but remains tenuous. The exact reassons for delaying elections is unclear, some fear that Kabila wants to extend his presidency. building up security presences indicates that intention but it might be a safeguard measure.

Kabila & Co. are probably ensuring they go out with a soft landing. They've probably made enemies along the way.

The UN has a very strong presence, neighbouring countries desire regional stability it would appear and the catholic church is assisting to orchestrate smoothing over of political arena anxieties.

There's the perception with Obama gone and Trump preoccupied with his reality TV, Kabila has more scope to change his intentions.

Interestingly, considering how much China invests in DRC Al Jazeera & its co-orindated analysts had not a peep to say about China's strategic influence on politics. Does DW? I will check later on. The timing is critical for China. I would not doubt they know what smoothes over anxieties and would be assisting as well in any political transition.

Infrastructure development and jobs always deter radicalism.

Klaus Eckof would be acutely aware of the dynamics, if this was undoable then why not wait for the transition to occur and thigns settle down?

Manono is far away from Kinshasa. A slow transition is probably a good thing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.