CNN 6.25% 15.0¢ cardia bioplastics limited

Ann: Cardia announces proposed merger with Stellar Films Group, page-21

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Please algen, so you mentioned TLS because I didn't say 9bill is too many shares for a microcap?  Well obviously I wasn't talking about TLS or BHP was I?  Yes it's the CNN forum I was writing on.

as they make mincemeat of your claims about shares on issue being the be-all and end-all of a listed company's performance on the Stock Market

lol, where the hell did I say this?  All I said ORIGINALLY was this merger opportunity would be a good time to also consider a consolidation of shares as it is commonplace to do so at this time.  I have invested and traded in many shares in the past that have billions of shares.  My best performed speculative microcap share has 1.6bill shares but it's not grovelling at .2 of a cent.  So please cut the high horse stuff.

Following today's ASX announcement I take it as a given that a share consolidation will occur in the not-too-distant future.

Well I'll be, so you agree with what I said originally.

as CNN makes up just 0.0018% of my portfolio of 40 stocks

Who cares how much of your portfolio CNN is made up of, it's not important to our discussions.

Finally, let me finish with a word of warning to those who think a higher share price (solely as a result of a share consolidation) will lead to an increase in investment, particularly from institutional investors.

No-one said this would increase institutional investor participation.  The point was about confidence to invest.  Of course no-one things share consolidation solely will automatically subscribe a higher share price.  Where are all these words coming from, it's like you're confusing conversations of another forum?

Companies such as CNN can trade at say 30c (in the case of a 1:100 reconstruction at today's price of $0.003) but if they don't have the runs on the board in terms of sales, revenues and profits, institutional investors won't go anywhere near them and guess where the share price will end up? Right back where it started, where it is now!

Unlikely unless CNN was to go into liquidation.  $7.4mill marketcap currently at .2c close today.  If they were to consolidate to 20c, it is unlikely, all else being equal that it will end up back where it started at .2c and give it a market cap of $74,000.  Based on the progress of similar other tech companies I think CNN marketcap should be well north of $7.4mill, $20-$30mill minimum and I am confident that if CNN share price wasn't grovelling around these levels it would be much closer to that mark.  This in turn would have reduced dilution when raising money.  It's a vicious cycle and the lower the share price goes, the less interest, the more manipulation and the worse of investors are when money needs to be raised.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.