CWE 0.00% 4.2¢ carnegie wave energy limited

re: Ann: Carnegie Host US Ambassador and Cons... I was, in my...

1. 17,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1071
    re: Ann: Carnegie Host US Ambassador and Cons... I was, in my younger days in the navy and served on an aircraft carrier. The ships company numbered approximately 900. Usually there were about eighteen aircraft embarked.

The ship had it's own desalination plant to supply freshwater for the needs of the crew, cleaning of the ship and aircraft and for the steam catapult. The freshwater requirements were considerable and probably equalled that of a small town. This type of desalination was very power hungry and was powered by burning oil.

The navy has had the ability to maintain and operate desalination plants from floating platforms for many decades. It would be possible to have a floating desalination /power generating plant that could be deployed in times of emergency, the establishment of defence facilities or numerous other applications when required.

Highly destructive cyclones, extreme drought, rising sea levels and many other man made and natural disasters have catastrophic consequences for communities so effected.

Power and freshwater are basic requirements for survival. A floating desalination/power generation plant, deployed to locations with suitable wave resources is one of the many ways that this technology could be
    used.

Just my thoughts. I do think it has a great future and probably in ways not yet considered.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.