SAR 0.00% $4.69 saracen mineral holdings limited

Hi Eshmun, I dont post much here but have read many of your...

1. 391 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Hi Eshmun, I dont post much here but have read many of your posts over the years. This is a general question and off topic for SAR but is relevent to this particular post of yours.

I totally agree there is some sort of economic meltdown coming, things just cant go on the way they are. Dont claim to know the mechanics of it but debt and mismanagement cannot continue forever. Anyone that looks past the facade can see that. It is mainly belief and trust that gives these fiat currencies any value at all. The banks are utter crooks in my opinion and never get held to account.

I do believe in balance and that if some things go down then others should go up.

I have been buying physical gold for a couple of years now, mostly coins (sovereigns) as I am a lifelong collector anyhow. The way I see it I get the pleasure of the hobby plus the gold backup if things go south.

Your comments on gold shares have me thinking though. I would agree that gold mining shares would initially crash in the wake of a general market crash, but I have always thought they would climb back up as time went on as long as gold held or rose in value.
    I do mean shares of gold producers as opposed to exploration, greenfields etc.

For example I have recently (Feb) diversified some of my funds into EVN. A producing, low cost Australian operator with a franked dividend.

Do you not think that shares in a company like this are a good alternative egg in the basket?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.