CE1 0.00% 0.9¢ calima energy limited

What's happened to the balance of the return of $$2.5million...

1. 1,218 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 657
    What's happened to the balance of the return of $$2.5million from the Montney asset sale? Nothing mentioned.....it'll be subsumed by the Blackspur asset sale.

Highwood had offered an equivalent of around 19.5c a share only 7 months ago and that deal was scuppered by CE1's Directors due to "energy price volatility" & their stated intent not to sell the assets at less than what equivalent assets were trading for in Canada(multiples of 2.5-3.5x) yet here they are selling at the bottom of the oil cycle (at what around 1.6-1.7x?) for a third less to the prior offer to a suitor that is Chaired by a Calima Director. Stinky? Make of that what you will.

To entrust that you'll receive 11c from the proceeds considering managements history I think is naive. The wording as to proceeds is (deliberately?) vague. Their intent is to deliver no less than 85% they say. They could just state they will distribute 85% but they haven't and won't.

The Directors were looking at another "asset" to invest in that I understand only fell through very recently. Beware a return structured like the Montney proceeds....some now...some later. What's happened to the second Montney distribution due Feb? Crickets. I expect they'll pay perhaps around 7.5c soon after receipt of proceeds.....hang on the balance to spray the balance of funds on who knows what.

Love the retention of a single well to justify the management compensation. The only winners here are the Executive. Shameful self-serving governance.

I took 11c guaranteed on market. I'm out as of today. Best wishes, it's been very dirty but alas no fun.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CE1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.