CE1 0.00% 0.9¢ calima energy limited

The thing is you need at least a 5% holding to call an EGM, need...

1. 430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 70
    The thing is you need at least a 5% holding to call an EGM, need expertise to put up resolution properly, and then at least 50% (or could be 75%-I'm not an expert) to vote in favour of wind up and sale of paradise.

I completely agree with your sentiment and think a wind up and sale of Paradise is the best outcome here, and I struggle to understand in who's interest it is to continue with current plans other than existing board, and even for them how will CE1 be a going concern in 12 months time.

But that being said for me personally and anyone who is an Aus tax resident who has bought in ~ last six months, then the current plans are pretty good- you get a capital return and then when sell shares after one year holdings get the CGT discount. It may help explain why no one has come in to shake out management and push for wind up.

Also one minor point for all the hate on Glenn and Directors- they have bought significant amounts on market that they will make a loss on (see below my rough record back to June 22) and withdrew their performance rights bonus, which while exorbitant they could probably have got through. At the end of this not only will they walk away with not much done for their reputations from their time at CE1, but also it's been a bad investment for them as well barring purchases in last six months.

1/9/23: Glenn Whiddon: $25k at $0.092
    31/8: GW: $29k @ 8.9c
    30/8: Karl DeMong: $21k @8.55c
    28/8: GW: $94k@ 8.62c
    22/3: Mark Freeman: $22k@ 11c
    8/8: KDM $23k for 14c
    4/8 GW $33k for 14c
    ⅛: GW: $83k @ 14c
    14/7: GW: $35k @ 14c
    13/7: GW: $81k @ 16.6c
    24/6: MF $50k @16.6 c

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CE1 (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.