DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

31046306Bot sales are computerised algorithmic sales that break...

1. 396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 123

Bot sales are computerised algorithmic sales that break up a big buying or selling order into very small orders, thereby disguising that a large trade is going through, that might otherwise influence the share price. If you follow the share sales at any given time, you will recognise these sales because they are small and the amount sold is often repeated, e.g. 279,279,279,3,279,3 558 etc.

The other trade you were referring to is when the trade isn't made at a cent or half cent increment, such as 67.7c instead of 67.5c or 68c. This will be an institution trading, the ASX allows them to trade in these multiples, although if you are not allowed. Often the instos use the 2 in conjunction, e.g.17 shares at 45.2c, this doubly disadvantages the retail investor.
    There is no doubt that this type of trading leaves the average punter with a sense of unfairness.

There is a big polemic going on in the media at the
    moment about the retail investor being disadvantaged in trading, to the point where he/she is giving up and staying out of the sharemarket.

Hope this helps you, I'm no expert, so I am sure there will be others that will add to the above, but this gives you the basic idea.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.