LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

Because your data is rubbish. You can't annualise the rate of...

1. 550 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 28
    Because your data is rubbish. You can't annualise the rate of return on something you don't own anymore. Annualising a monthly return to a yearly one assumes you have a static rate of return over the ensuing months ... something that is ridiculous to suggest on a '26% return in three months" and impossible if you don't actually own the investment vehicle any more. Because it is a 26% return in 3 months when you sell it and ... guess what? ... still a 26% return 9 months later BECAUSE IT IS NO LONGER GROWING!

And don't even get me started on your terrible understanding of math that means you don't realise that annualising a 26% quarterly return doesn't mean you just multiple by four for for quarters. It becomes an exponential expansion!

Most people would use annualisation of returns retrospectively ... not to extrapolate non fixed gains into the future. That would just be stupid. Or a ponzi scheme.

God i hate that i feel the need to take you off ignore to see what tripe you are spinning up.
    Last edited by Jezzamus: 13/08/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.