AMP 0.45% $1.13 amp limited

Ann: Ceasing to be a substantial holder, page-12

1. 23,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 380
    spot on richie2013

what people quickly forget is share price pre RC was above around 5.50.
    it then dived simply due to negative press and the potential for change that may negatively impact the business the media space was flooded with these stories for months.
    it then dropped further due to sale of insurance business.
    The insurance arm is a mature business with low growth prospects and higher risks and costs, to focus on the higher growth business' of wealth mangt, AMP Capital, and AMP Bank (the crown jewels)

Therefore in summary market has discounted amp by approx $2.30 or 50% due to negative RC press, compensation write downs, and a further $1.00 (approx 30%) due to insurance arm sale.

The business still operates, still generates large amounts of cash and is growing. The crown jewels (wealth mangt, Capital and Bank) we still own and others covet especially with such a low share price.
    The sale of insurance arm makes AMP a juicy cashed up business, once again very attractive to an MCQ, private equity or similar.

The market is starting to see this, i believe, as nearly every down day there seems to be more resistance for it to also go down.

The turning point will be early Feb. At this stage I'm not confident to predict share price post report release, however I'm betting it will be higher from today's price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.13
Change
0.005(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $2.921B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.13 $1.13 $1.12 $5.227M 4.650M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 60562 $1.12

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 68371 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.