DNK 0.00% 8.8¢ danakali limited

The buyer of the CG stock got themselves a sweet deal. If they...

1. 7,533 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1776
    The buyer of the CG stock got themselves a sweet deal. If they were so inclined, they could drip feed the market all the way down to 60c and still turn a profit.

When viewed in context of the (hopefully) imminent finance package, it certainly looks a little more interesting. We know there's a very large equity piece coming so would it benefit one party to drive the SP lower until the equity deal is done? Almost certainly yes. The lower the VWAP before the deal is struck, the more stock the new subscribers get. Perhaps this was part of their plan. Who knows.

I think we'll find out soon who the buyer was and I suspect it will placate people's fears. No one buys ~5% of the company just before debt funding if they think it'll fail.

All that's changed between today and last week is that The Capital Group has exited with a profit. They may just share the same view that I do: the global markets are about to receive a serious shock. Times like this call for moving more of your portfolio to cash - just in case. So I don't see their sale as a he negative as they made a profit - if they incurred a loss, it would cause some concern. They just locked in a profit. No one ever lost money locking in a profit so who can blame them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DNK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.