CTM 3.00% 48.5¢ centaurus metals limited

There is no sure way to know that @Daripper, but I don't think...

1. 321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    There is no sure way to know that @Daripper, but I don't think they are still offloading based on the volumes (only 20mil) since Friday when this trade happened. I don't think either they've offloaded some prior to Fri, because they should've included that volume in this notice.

IMO, this is a cheeky sale to get an instant profit of 35%+, get more than 50% of their invested capital back whilst using some of these funds ($163k as per my calcs) to pay for tranche#2 coming up on the 21st Oct. That could be the Twynam's business model, and nothing wrong with that. They've invested heavily at 0.5c and 0.6c when no one was interested in CTM, so good on them for making some money.

What could've happened I'm guessing (please do note that I hold CTM, so my views are biased and might be rosy ).....

- Twynam might've put a word out that they are looking for an off-market sale of a large chunk of their holdings, or Party A might've approached Twynam asking for the sale

- Whilst Twynam is thinking about it, the price has been pushed down by Party A on low volume...realistically I think it was mainly that 7.5mil single order dump @1.5c on 2nd Oct when news was released and possibly another 5-10mil @1.5c on 1st Oct before the news day. Historical volumes last month suggest these shares would've been acquired at or below 1.5c

- Twynam noticed that the price hasn't progressed much on the positive announcement and gave up their shares to party A at 1.35c on 4th Oct when bids and offers were at 1.4c-1.5c

Just a theory for fun and no solid facts, but definitely a possibility because the volumes recently have been very low, so easy to push the price down, especially for someone who is willing to invest $800k in one shot

I'm still optimistic because:

a) Whilst Twynam sold out a large chunk, someone else with deeper pockets, and potentially who missed on the insto CR, was willing to shell $810k and got these. I don't believe such a large player would be happy with a 5-10% profit, they might be looking for a larger return in the short to medium term, even 30% return means 1.75c

b) Twynam whilst on top#1 shelled out only $400k in the last CR, many more players contributed a lot more per my calcs (Ref 40505051), including Merrill Lynch (Sprott?) and Harmanis, so I don't feel too sad for losing a sub holder

In the mean time, stockpiles at LME warehouse is going down at exponential rate, and won't be long before Nickel price pops up, hopefully in-sync with our drilling at Jaguar. All IMO, please DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
-0.015(3.00%)
Mkt cap ! $247.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 50.5¢ 48.0¢ $180.4K 363.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 95452 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.5¢ 15440 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.12pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
48.5¢
  Change
-0.015 ( 2.32 %)
Open High Low Volume
49.0¢ 50.5¢ 48.0¢ 67314
Last updated 13.22pm 22/05/2024 ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.