LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

Ann: Ceasing to be a substantial holder, page-13

1. 7,451 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    Absolutely not manipulating. As the third biggest holder what could be the motive? How would they make money by driving down Price? Many thinks this but think about what has to happen to make it work. They sell X % of outstanding shares so Price goes Down. Now they buy back X% would not the Price go back up about the same amount? People say they do it to scare others out. Would it not also attract new money in. The manipulation conspiracy theory sounds good but sit down and seriously plan how you would do it if you had the funds. When would you do the buying and selling and what would be the gain. Now there is manipulation I totally agree. It is not done through buying and selling. It is done by disseminating false information and taking advantages of movement caused by that information. It is done by obtaining non public info and taking advantage of that info before the public has it. If you think they can make money by selling part of their large holding in a stable market show me how. Yes selling drives down price. Replacing the shares will result in the same up lift. Same goes for shorting. Yes shorting add shares which makes price go down. To make money at sometime Those shorts have to be covered and that removes them Why should the effect not be the same in both directions. In US the fees on shorting are high something has to happen to keep the stock lower while you are covering or you lose money.

If you really believe a stock is as easily manipulated as you say why would you invest in it?

People are selling for one reason they think the stock is going lower. Simple not corrupt. they may be wrong but that is investing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.