NML 0.00% 1.9¢ navarre minerals limited

Thanks for the response Oldgold. I definitely agree with you...

1. 578 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 112
    Thanks for the response Oldgold. I definitely agree with you regarding gold and crypto probably has taken some shine off it. But, I think the millenials are into crypto but not always bitcoin, they are more likely to be in the smaller obscure coins in my opinion. In regard to bitcoin I think it is more than millenials.

The market and price for bitcoin are set by a decentralised network, I can't say the same for gold, silver and fiat currencies. The whales you talk of about bitcoin and possibly selling into the market to crash the price, most likely have gold and silver also, so they could do the same to the gold or silver market, though obviously a bigger market so harder to do, but JP Morgan was recently fined almost a billion dollars for manipulating the gold market.

You say that bitcoin can't be valued, yet it lives on a decentralised network and the buyers/sellors determine that value. The paper notes in our wallet are backed by nothing but governments that waste/spend and print as much of that paper as they want, there is no limit to how much they print. Bitcoin is absolute in it's limit, thousands of other coins have been created but none have come close to bitcoin. Bitcoin can now earn interest, be staked, be borrowed against. The blockchain itself and crypto tech will revolutionize the financial industry in my view. It's worth keeping in mind that even in the early days when bitcoin started and was mocked etc, it NEVER went to zero value so in my view I don't see that happening now, can be volatile of course but its a young tech and doesn't have the mileage as gold, which I do agree is a very good space to be in at the moment, just a shame that gold markets aren't decentralised like bitcoin so the price would be real!!

Anyway, will be interesting to see how our differing views go re crypto but hopefully we will enjoy a good run on NML soon, certainly has the potential!

MJ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NML (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.