NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

Ann: Ceasing to be a substantial holder, page-11

1. 6,235 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2942
    NST and EVN are portfolio cornerstones the last 8 or so years but I'm willing to dip my toes in NCM at the right price. My buy zone is $16.35-$18.78.

You just need to make sure you know what you are buying. Operationally I cannot fault NCM as the people on the ground have been amazing but the board really have been disappointment. It fails the fundamental tests on growth, SH value destruction and I cringe each time these boardroom fat cats acquires an asset...

I'm buying the closer it gets to $16.35 with a 3 year timeframe. Walking into this with both eyes open, wish me luck. First time since the Lihir acquisition days that I will own this for an investment timeframe. From here on out 1 of the 3 things below will happen but I can assure you for me personally it won't be the last scenario detailed below with NCM...

But has the price risen too high, and should you think of selling? Or should you kick yourself for not having bought more shares when the level was lower? Or—worst thought of all—should you now give way to the bull-market atmosphere, become infected with the enthusiasm, the overconfidence and the greed of the great public (of which, after all, you area part), and make larger and dangerous commitments? Presented thus in print, the answer to the last question is a self-evident no, but even the intelligent investor is likely to need considerable willpower to keep from following the crowd.
    - Ben Graham
    Last edited by Exised: 26/07/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.