DEG 0.80% $1.24 de grey mining limited

Actually I think this current release could do with a lot more...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 961
    Actually I think this current release could do with a lot more follow-up details to make all this clear. We were already in a JV with NOVO on the while VanMaris lease, which is 75:25 DEG:Novo or something similar, dating back to NOVO taking over that lease because NOVO wanted the surface alluvial gold that Van Maris still had control over. . I assume this ration still continues for that area, but maybe it downgrades to 50:50 under the new agreement?? Who can tell. And with the other JV areas that NOVO has that DEG are now party to, what are the JV arrangements there with the other companies? Maybe DEG is 50:50 with NOVO in their bit but how much do the other companies hold? Of is DEG 50% owner of those whole lease areas?

Same with the SP that DEG has bought into NOVO. I cant see at what price? I've been a long follower of NOVO and its spin doctors and it is a company to be very very wary of. It has liabilities for environmental remediation at Nullangine that will come close to outweighing the remaining funds the company holds, and its mill at Nullangine (the old Millenium mill) is a stranded asset. It cant process the refactory gold in the area so unless bits have some value to DEG as part of the new mill at Hemi then it has zero value as well. The new management of NOVO and their geologists have refocused to looking for Hemi-style deposits (away from the Witts2 fairytale) but given all the liabilities the company has, it was likely to go broke before the end of the year. So it seems DEG has decided to jump in just before that happened, but it would be good to know at what price. At the end of the day it probably doesn't matter as just a hundred thousand ounces in the Van Maris lease area or Becher will pay that back in spades, but its a shame to have to help save a company like NOVO via JV rather than a fire-sale of its leases, although clearly DEG balanced that opportunity with the real possibility of someone else beating them to it.

So I can see why the SP didnt really get excited. But in the long run, it might prove to be a brilliant move

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.24
Change
-0.010(0.80%)
Mkt cap ! $2.286B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.24 $3.334M 2.676M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 108705 $1.24

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.24 20490 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.24
  Change
-0.010 ( 0.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.25 $1.26 $1.24 820175
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.