LYC 1.16% $5.99 lynas rare earths limited

Ann: Ceasing to be a substantial holder, page-2

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    State Street are a blight on LYC. They really are playing silly buggers, manipulating the price down, then up, then down, then up, as they move in and out of Substantial Holder status.

So today started off OK, but now it's negative 20c already - and from what I can tell, it's State Street selling down or shorting, or somebody that they've lent the shares to. They moved back out of Substantial Holder status last night.

As long as LYC is a play thing for parasites like State Street and other traders, then long term investors stand little chance of seeing true value reflected.

I used to be a trader - in and out of stocks numerous times a day or week. Then I realised that the effort wasn't worth it, and my conscience told me I wasn't contributing anything to humankind at all. Wasn't producing anything, wasn't providing a service, (apart from my day job), and generally just shuffled bits of paper through buying and selling. So I stopped trading, put my money into a selected few long term prospects, including LYC, and now I just sit here and watch my investment getting trashed daily or weekly by parasitic funds like State Street and others who contribute actually nothing to Lynas's future or prospects.

IMHO, and I've said this before many times on here, short-selling should be banned. It is a highly contrived scam that involves selling something that you don't own. And we rarely see short-covering runs back up now, due to the ability of the shorters to cover their shorts either off market or through a bazillion tiny algorithmic trades that don't push the price too far.

I also fail to see any reason for the existence on this board of people like ContraryJ, who doesn't own any LYC, has a SELL sentiment, and persistently down-ramps the stock. I have no idea what his motive is other than having a mental health problem of fixation on LYC. So much more peaceful since I put him on Ignore, but people keep insisting on responding to him...!

End of rant...!!! Grrrrr.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.99
Change
-0.070(1.16%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.00 $6.05 $5.97 $1.916M 318.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 7638 $5.99

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.00 2783 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.22am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.