4DS 3.61% 8.0¢ 4ds memory limited

1. Retention: If the results for retention are good - would that...

1. 65 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    1. Retention: If the results for retention are good - would that encapsulate a bigger market scale?
    >> My least concern. I commented on this stock only recently, but was immediately labeled as a "down-ramper", even so I had never question the Retention thing. Don't want to go into the fight again, my suggestion would be: get over it, it's not important at least at this stage of the R&D process.

2. Are there are any market strategies in place? If so, when?
    >> Marketing strategy pales in comparison to the hard science. If it is truly groundbreaking, it will be the next big thing. Like the old saying goes, good wine needs no bush. I know there needs to be marketing strategies in place anyway, but I would suggest to ask in a more specific way on this topic to void hearing some correct nonsense, or something we've already known by common sense. I believe other people would have some really good questions to contribute. Personally if I were to ask this question, it would be something like in the later section below.

3. Should the company be concerned about the share price dropping? I know it may sound stupid, but I want to hear their views.
    >> Would be interesting to know their take on this smile.png

My 2 cents:

Buyers buying 4DS not for the sake of the beauty of science, they're buying it for making profit. To make profit, they need to reduce the selling price (unit cost). There are 2 and only 2 ways to do it: 1. maximize the storage density per chip. 2. get as many as possible chips cut from a single wafer. That being said, density is the CORE for storage technology, 4DS is not exempt.

On my other post, I mentioned 60nm won't sale, because competitors are working on 20nm-. Some would jump on me ranting: 4DS is a more advanced tech, and even at 60nm their r/w speeds are comparable or even better than peers at 20nm. OK let me assume for a second that 4DS is superior, and your speeds rock. But if I were a buyer, I would ask myself, am I going to throw my current production lines away to adopt this new tech simply because the speed of my current product is 6, and 4DS is 7? As said density matters, but @60nm you won't be able to make it cheap enough to beat peers @20nm (educate me, if you think I'm wrong here because I don't know 4DS patented tech details). Even though buyers know that ReRAM is positioned as overcoming the scaling limitations (of flash), how can they be assured scaling to 20nm will still work as usual simply by a PoC @60nm? I guess that's why initially their voice loud that there won't be another AGM again, and all of a sudden they say oh no 60nm is not enough and they need to make it @20nm.

Now in order to sale, we need to have an idea how good 4DS in comparison to peers on the density thing. e.g. assuming @20nm, how is 4DS supported densities are like, X Gbits? Y TB or custom sizes? They can't just say oh nah that's up for semicon fabs to decide for their product planning blah blah blah.

I would mention, other ReRAM competitors are not at idel, one of the competitor - CrossBar licenses technology below 10nm which enables cost-effective/low latency/high speed/low energy, all the bullets one needs for selling. I need to know the edge of 4DS to stand out from the crowd. They just can't say they have no rivals in this specific field. If they insist on saying that, my next question would be, then give me the numbers on whatever matrix that no one can compete, not something like x% faster r/w speed those kind of cr@p.

"Know yourself and your competitors, and you will never be defeated" - courtesy of Sun Tzu.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 4DS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.0¢
Change
-0.003(3.61%)
Mkt cap ! $141.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.3¢ 8.5¢ 8.0¢ $237.8K 2.925M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 1627516 8.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.1¢ 413159 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
8.0¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 3.61 %)
Open High Low Volume
8.5¢ 8.5¢ 8.0¢ 1544992
Last updated 15.53pm 13/05/2024 ?
4DS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.