CTP 4.17% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

Ann: Ceasing to be a substantial holder, page-21

1. 6,290 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2486
    I don't think TH is hoping for anything other than to minimise his losses and move on with his life. I'm often tempted to do the same though I've never had a large holding, even by my standards, much less by TH's.

It does make sense to unite the Amadeus back under control of a single entity now that Mac is out of the way, and TBH I wouldn't be sad to see the back of the current leadership team. Whether NZO/CUE management would be any better I don't know, though together they are 4x the market cap of CTP. I don't know much about CUE's assets, I know NZO's Taranaki assets a bit and they used to be very good but I think are nearing the end of their life - though I note NZ is apparently opening up O&G exploration again after banning it under Ardern's woke agenda.

At least NZO and CUE have shown some appetite to take on risk, unlike CTP who can't even manage to reach primary target on a well in an existing field they operate.

I would assume though that TH would definitely have shopped his 20% parcel to Singapore Global, and must have been rejected. If they were looking to take over CTP, TH's parcel would have been the perfect starting to point, and not too far off the WVAP +40% standard takeover premium, so the fact it didn't happen would suggest their interest in taking over CTP is low.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.002(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 5.1¢ 4.7¢ $44.05K 911.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 20000 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 164625 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.