MLX 1.28% 39.5¢ metals x limited

They bought a lot a very long time ago and had a huge amount of...

1. 276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163
    They bought a lot a very long time ago and had a huge amount of profits to work through, and IIRC possibly a fair chunk of losses in other investments, so needed to sell down to chew through those profits / reduce exposure / offset against other losses, forcing their hand and making them a bit price insensitive (and it's all far in the money anyway).

In terms of why they decided to go all the way to owning <5% of the register (presumably selling out entirely) I don't know specifics, I'd assume their strategy simply doesn't involve buy & hold for indefinite timeframes.

As an aside, there was probably a time when price-insensitive OP dumping was a meaningful drag on the price (hard to say for sure how much APAC / OP buying / selling was just matched up on market), but I don't think that's been the case for a long while, anyway. We've had plenty of volume throughout 2024, and not that much of an OP position left to work through. Fingers crossed they will still own a few % for a while and will continue to be a price insensitive seller into the buyback if our share price ever drops low enough for it to actually switch on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.5¢
Change
0.005(1.28%)
Mkt cap ! $353.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.0¢ 39.5¢ 38.5¢ $644.9K 1.646M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 159205 39.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 345604 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.22am 05/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.