CUV 0.29% $14.00 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Everyone knows of the Gamestop short squeeze that caused severe...

1. 808 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1069
    Everyone knows of the Gamestop short squeeze that caused severe problems for many hedge funds, that is the risk of shorting in that unlimited losses can occur, normal investing for mums and dads limits losses to what they actually put in. Personally, short selling has made me a lot of money because it has enabled me to pick up shares in a couple of companies for prices which would not occur without shorting. Short squeezes do not have to occur to make you lots of money, just the opportunity to pick up cheap shares is what can be fortune making (the Buy when "blood on the streets" quote is true IMO). Two examples, I got FMG for low $4s and high $3s and took ~350%, PNV low $1s and ~150% returns and both in quick time and without shorting I don't think I would have got those shares for what I did when I did. With Clinuvel I see the same opportunities for high returns even if I am just looking at blockbuster Vitiligo which is close, while the EPP monopoly gives me comfort while I wait for another indication (other potential jackpots are Tanning, Stroke, VP, XP or even Parkinson's one day), and we all know short selling is massively contributing to CUV trading every day for 5 years and it is designed to play heavily on emotions. CUV is an interesting study, 1.5 Million shares to buyback by Clinuvel, 3 Million to buy from shorters, only 50 Million shares in the market and they are nearly all very tightly held while the company itself prints cash and makes incremental gains and EPP competitors go backwards. Results this week or next week, the Vitiligo trial going to be very interesting.

All IMO DYOR
    ps I have never shorted anything

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.00
Change
0.040(0.29%)
Mkt cap ! $701.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.10 $14.20 $13.97 $452.4K 32.15K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 126 $14.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.12 66 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.