EML 1.09% 93.0¢ eml payments limited

Ann: Central Bank of Ireland correspondence, page-134

1. 6,503 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1892
    I don't think all their business is at risk of going to zero, but I think their businesses in other markets will be subject to similar regulatory scrutiny.

Things may very well be better there, but right now - you just don't know do you? All you have to go by is the standard they accepted when they bought PFS and assume that is the standard at which they operate their other businesses.

Other regulators may very well open a file, have a look and find it's all okay. But we don't know.

I think the probability of other regulators having a look at their other operations is very very high - almost certain. The probability of them finding problems - I could only guess.

Put it this way, if you were a regulator, and you knew they had a massive problem with a part of their business overseas, would you not want to at least ask to have a look at their operations in the market you have jurisdiction over? Because if there was a problem, and you ignored it after seeing this in the news, it would be embarrassing wouldn't it?

More regulatory scrutiny is almost certain. What they will find, who knows. In the meantime, it is more distractions for management and a loss of confidence from the market. I don't think this problem will go away any time soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
93.0¢
Change
0.010(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
92.5¢ 94.0¢ 90.8¢ $885.4K 954.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 385011 93.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.0¢ 5047 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.