IMU 4.00% 4.8¢ imugene limited

Ann: CEO and Managing Director increases shareholding in Imugene, page-108

1. 11,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1693
    I don't think the option holders will miss out on any distribution, although they might have to convert by a certain date. imu will protect the option holders imho.

I have here a cunning plan to make money for somebody who holds maybe 3m or 4m heads, who want's to hold long term and isn't interested in the cgt 12 months discount.

This is something I have done before, and it works well. But this time I need the cgt discount.

What you do is take advantage of the fact that the imuoa options often sell at 2.8c or 2.9c below the heads.

So you put in a buy for 1m imuoa, (say currently it goes through at 2.8c). You then instantly sell 1m heads (currently 5.6c). You then do the paperwork and tell Automic to convert the 1m imuoa to shares, and pay them $26k (2.6c per option).

Then you put in another purchase for 1m options (at 2.8c or 2.9c below the heads) etc etc etc.

So you can do a number of these 1m options buying and share selling transactions. After a week or so, your options get converted and you do it again with the new 1m shares.

So although you are only making $2k or $3k every trade (less commission), it does become worth it because you maybe do this 30 times over the coming months.

And all the time you are keeping your same exposure to imu, because you always sell 1m shares the second the 1m options are bought.

There is the slight risk that there is a price collapse within those few seconds, but very unlikely.

As I said, I have done it before and very successfully. You become a bit of a market maker. You also send lots of funds imu's way, as 30 times one million option converted totals $780,000.

cheers
    Last edited by supertramp: 07/08/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.