BAP 0.81% $4.98 bapcor limited

Our Board has not been transparent with us.The announcement on...

1. 896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 277
    Our Board has not been transparent with us.

The announcement on 23 November 2021 stated that "An extensive global search process has commenced...". This language implied the search has only recently started, in reponse to the retirement (which itself was a new development). This sudden development spooked many players in the market, leading to large falls in the share price.

The announcement today states "The decision formed part of an orderly succession planningprocess initiated over a year ago, with an executive search firm engaged and followed extensivediscussions between the Board and Mr Abotomey." This is explicit that this is not a new development and has been a consideration of the Board for some time. If the board had been transparent in the first announcement the market might not have reacted so negatively.

It is not clear to me why our Board does not appear to be keeping us clearly informed. This is of concern. I am a long term holder. I added to my position last week to take advantage of the price weakness but will now be watching for a satisfactory resolution of this matter.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.98
Change
0.040(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $1.676B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.95 $5.00 $4.92 $344.7K 69.49K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 871 $4.98

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.99 2929 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.30am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BAP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.