MSB 2.10% $1.17 mesoblast limited

Ann: CEO Presentation to 2023 Annual General Meeting, page-47

1. 30,317 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1836
    I'm going to be frank in my responses here.

Sorry if I'm not being completely tactful but I feel some things ought to be said.

offered the feedback that the way the company communicated with share holders was at times frustrating and used the recent adult trial partnership announcement as one example which left many wondering/speculating about those relevant details such as the partnership funding specifics ..

he defended this by saying that b/c it is yet to be fully formalised he wouldn't want to pre-empt the US partners

This is standard in any negotiation situation and it would be naive or foolish for any side to release information about any negotiations unless and until they are signed and finalised. Indeed it would be a sign of weakness and cause a loss of confidence it's just verboten.

But this goes with the territory not only of speculative stocks but absolutely bog standard for any commercial negotiations whatsoever.
    There are very drawn out situations for biotechs involving loads of calculations and iterations starting with valuations of the IP and working from there, each stage is usually contested so it's extremely finicky and sensitive and those discussions are absolutely conducted in an atmosphere of secrecy that is bolted down with non-disclosure agreements and a range of measures including tight controls on who gets access to which information how and why.

Silviu is extremely polite in how he fields questions like this. It's obviously frustrating for everyone involved. Not least of all is the kind of situation were are in with the SP. Yet let's also be mindful of the amount of sweat involved behind the scenes at MSB it has to be considerable.

We are hurting from the SP but important to keep perspective, we have the easiest job here we invest comment agitate and wait, but it's incumbent on us to try and understand the nuts and bolts of this kind of enterprise, even the most simple forms, yet we are on the cusp of a complex product maturing with colossal knowledge the FDA in it's more sensible moments adopts and applies, and it's something very significant IMO.

and also said that he hoped that people would have noticed that his report was a lot more specific around priorities, strategies, timelines etc.. in other words I took it that he already acknowledged the desirability to be more transparent where possible.

There is indeed more detail in the report and it really assists people with cross checking and research.
    With such limited resources I greatly appreciate that extra effort of communicating shareholders on top of the tight financial situation.

My take on the SP is that when a stock has been held down for so long when it finally takes off, it tends to go parabolic.

what is the likelihood of some breakthroughs happening? I wouldn't let fatigue affect judgement.

re future funding he didn't rule out offering shareholders the opportunity of involvement in a raise or of putting his own money into a capital raise if it came to that option...

Again this is bog standard and always an option for any company. Nobody would rule it out. but at the same time if you have significant shareholders who are opportunistic then giving them equal opportunity contains risks.

I think Silviu is signalling his commitment which we already have with the 30% deferrals. These measures are not lightly made and show integrity IMO.

also that some of the larger institutional holders had a willingness to take more shares ..he appeared very alert to the issue of any one entity taking such a large holding that a takeover at a low ball price might be an unwanted possibility... and also acknowledged the role that shorters were having on share prices...he also mentioned that the relationship remained positive with Oaktree . .. In discussions I took it that there were no issues with the security of our IPI

Again any MD would be constantly alert to such issues. I don't see it as more of a threat than normal but the low SP is definitely an issue especially because LT holders have been capitulating, many in response to the agitations going on here.

This creates a vicious cycle. If we as shareholders educate ourselves as much as possible and don't take the bait then we help secure the register and make our fears less likely to manifest. I hope people are feeling more secure because fears have a way of manifesting.
    We have to do our bit IMO to be emotionally intelligent about this and keep perspective by being fully informed not just about our company to the extent possible given commercial realities set out above, but also the nature of our IP and the strengths of it. For some reason this often gets lost in the fear but it's a perspective that needs to be kept.

Also of interest was the comment that the Bio tech landscape generally is so difficult at present that for some other Bio techs they are struggling so much they were approaching other co's inc MSB for interest in acquiring their IP...including Car T therapy IP ..

Well we are at the early stages of a massive credit squeeze the likes of which hasn't happened for decades, possibly since 1961-2 and stagflation of the 1970s. This is the reason for the flight of capital away from what is perceived as risk assets.
    There is a flight to hard assets so producer miners are doing well. But if you have an undervalued asset, and it's likely to be reaching the end of a series of unique challenges, it's crucial to unpack them and view them dispassionately.

I bought more recently and will be buying again after taking profits elsewhere. There are different ways of viewing the SP and one is seeing it as an opportunity. I haven't had a large holding but the risk vs reward equation is swinging for me to the side of averaging down.

Lovely to see so many there I didn't speak to many people but the ones I did speak with had a great time!

Last edited by dolcevita: 28/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.17
Change
-0.025(2.10%)
Mkt cap ! $1.330B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.22 $1.15 $6.344M 5.404M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8683 $1.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.17 32999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.