ODA 0.00% 15.5¢ orcoda limited

I've read several times since the release of the Q1 report that...

1. 560 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 484
    I've read several times since the release of the Q1 report that SMA can't survive another quarter without a CR - with $880k in the bank and a Q1 loss of $1.3m, it's simple maths. But I feel this is an intentionally misleading statement. There's nothing simple about 90-120 day payment terms, and the $1.3m of outstanding receivables at the end of September is being ignored.

I'm finding it very difficult to get my head around the true state of the financials. $1.3m is the net receivables (after deduction of payables), but are these payables included in the Q1 report, or in the Q2 forecast?

$900k of these receivables were collected in October (Response to ASX Aware Query). So even if you assume SMA continued to burn through $425k/mth (as per Q1), they would have had $1.4m in the bank at the end of October, with $400k of net receivables still outstanding.

Q1 expenditure was $2.6m. Q2 expenditure is forecast $1.7m (COGS down 57%, OpEx down 26%). If revenue held at $1.3m/qtr - and the remaining $400k was collected - they would be burning through $115k/mth with $1.8m cash at the beginning of Q3.

I don't believe this is actually the case - if COGS is down, then revenue should be too - but it's no more optimistic than these other posts are negative, and goes to show how easy it is to muddy the water with available data. I would hope SMA's board are being honest about not expecting another CR, but it appears entirely plausible that they are.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ODA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $26.21M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 13491 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ODA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.