LOV 3.59% $32.18 lovisa holdings limited

Ann: CEO Succession Update, page-29

1. 2,020 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    China isn't a market one can just fail and move on from without taking a serious hit to valuation. I think the poster you're responding to is making unsubstantiated claims. I was always under the impression that Victor is being paid to lay out the foundations. Once the foundations are in place, a more reasonably priced CEO would be found who can build on these foundations.

No doubt I would be more comfortable with Victor at the helm when it comes to the China expansion but Victor still has a full year left some 6 months after entering the China market. That's enough time to really get the store rollout going. My biggest concern would be Victor purposefully not putting much effort into China knowing full well that its not going to affect his LTI or STIs. However there are 2 things that alleviate these concerns:
    1. One has to assume Victor is a professional and adheres to some sort of code of ethics. It would be unprofessional of him to not put any effort in because he's got less skin in the game as it's still has responsibility.
    2. Brett Blundy saw this change through and he's the mastermind behind Lovisa's success. It's great know know that Brett didn't sell down his holding at all even when the SP was above $30 for weeks. I know that with some of his other large holdings like AX1, he does sell down when the price gets high. I see the lack of selling from him as a vote of confidence that he sees the SP running higher than $30. When the shorts were covering, it would have been a peace of cake for Brett to sell to them but he didn't. I have seen many instances where large holders reduce holding at such lofty highs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.