NEU 2.45% $19.50 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Ann: CEO's address to AGM , page-19

1. 2,623 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 425
    craikey, three points:

firstly, Retts expresses itself in some miserable ways which are distressing to both the sufferer and their families. In some ways you can think of it as a bit like Down's syndrome in that, as well as the person with the condition, extended family are usually deeply affected by virtue of having to dedicating so much time to care. So warm and fuzzy indeed.

secondly, if the treatment works, advocacy groups will push for it something fierce. Even if Neuren have to do the right thing and wait for the trial to be unblinded, successful treatment will propagate through the web like wildfire. And remember, it's an ongoing treatment.

thirdly, what kind of CEO do you want? One that passionately believes in the product and its potential, or someone out to peddle rubbish to the market in the interest of making a buck? There are some bios out there that are such garbage that I wouldn't even daytrade them for fear that the CEO will buzz off to Brazil and the company will fall in a heap, given the quality of the science. I'd name them but (a) I don't want to be sued and (b) I'm sufficiently Darwinian to believe that anyone who invests in thm deserves to lose their money.

One of the things that came out of the AGM for me is that there is a good balance between the idealistic (lets make a product that changes the world) and the pragmatic (let's get some shareholder value happening here). And it's not all CEO=idealistic and board=pragmatic. I felt that there was a very good balance in attitude across the whole management team.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.50
Change
-0.490(2.45%)
Mkt cap ! $2.492B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.10 $20.10 $19.30 $8.547M 438.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100 $19.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.50 3021 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.