FFM 1.18% 85.5¢ firefly metals ltd

Hi there diacosisgod, no, not a geologist but have been in the...

1. 537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1260
    Hi there diacosisgod, no, not a geologist but have been in the company of credible ones on and off since 2006, and been to several mines on tour in good company. I only have basics of understanding of VMS deposits (that commonly) have 2 - 20 lenses, and form on sea floors via "smoker vents". The mineralization rises into the sea (via stringer faults - hence the hunt for that style of min) over time and gradually settles in a coherent lens shape, only to be tilted or folded (or what ever) over geological scale time frames. The enrichment can take many millions of years.

This one is really interesting, on a splay fault (I assume) to a significant deep crustal fault (Cape Ray in the south to Baic Verte in the north on Newfoundland) between two major tectonic plates as there was also subduction (one plate moving under the other). Lihir formed in a caldera adjacent to a subduction boundary. It seems there is a long period of activity in this area and the Iapetus Sea was a volcanic island arc. You need a real geologist to pull these factors together for greater understanding. Firefly already know that the Ming Mine is not alone (Rambler and East Mines) so the cluster is already three (mag anomaly possible 4th so far)? World class VMS district indeed.
    (Google Earth image was too big to load - sorry).

"Volcanogenic massive sulfide (VMS) deposits are formed in association with submarine volcanic activity, typically located along the margins of tectonic plates in areas of volcanic and/or seismic activity. The deposits are commonly associated with ancient island arcs or back-arc basins, where the seafloor has been modified by subduction-related volcanism."

Ming / Little Deer has scale. The more substantial infrastructure on site ($250M) and nearby (port, roads etc.) present opportunity for early production making this project more attractive than the very attractive Pickle Crow consolidated ground (for now). Steve Parsons is a great salesman; backed up by Kevin Tomlinson, Michael Naylor, Jessie Liu-Ernsting and Darren Cooke. The management team is also able so I am expecting performance in the two districts. So many walk up targets and "rapid" growth promised at both. Pickle Crow is early stage as the Resource is Inferred only. A lot more work to do there in that brownfields (proven) exploration prospect.

G'day Rockfall - yes Tom and the team did a great job finding that, blood sweat the tears I am sure. Peter Cook did a great job monetizing the company into GL1 and RMS. Recently the RMS shares were worth over 70c equivalent to the deal done, circa 19c when I did the report. A lot more to come on that one too.

Time for me to shut up; and get back to work. GLTAH CW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
85.5¢
Change
0.010(1.18%)
Mkt cap ! $387.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
86.0¢ 88.0¢ 84.0¢ $2.421M 2.819M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 16509 85.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
87.0¢ 203249 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 20/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
86.5¢
  Change
0.010 ( 4.44 %)
Open High Low Volume
85.0¢ 88.0¢ 84.8¢ 516820
Last updated 15.59pm 20/05/2024 ?
FFM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.