CDE 0.00% 0.1¢ codeifai limited

Ann: Chairman Provides A$1m Convertible Loan Facility, page-19

1. 103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Mayi-a great analysis!
    If I can add my thoughts....
    The loan deal that JH arranged as Mayi has put it is certainly "very juicy". In the 2022/2023 financial year it will add around $150k to running costs if the full amount $1m is drawn down (a proportion of the full year interest plus the $20k establishment fee). My projection of YPB's cash flow need is that all of the $1m will need to be drawn down in this financial year.

I see it differently to Mayi in that I sense JH had no other option but to urgently put in funds to keep YPB's doors open and the fees and interest and granting of options is JH's realistic measurement of the risk he was taking. I point to YPB's statement in their Quarterly Activities/Appendix $C Cash flow Report announcement on July 29, 2022 in which in answer to 8.6.2 they make the assertion that " YPB has an existing mandate with a Sydney based AFSL holder who has successfully raised capital for the company previously". The AFSL referred to is none other than EverBlu Capital and I stand to be corrected but I believe YPB has not been able to get support from EverBlu Capital for another CR. If funding was available from EverBlu why wasn't this option utilised rather that adding another $150k cost to their bottom line?

Mayi is also correct in postulating that the only value in YPB is in their accumulated losses. The ability to continue to trade offering the YPB authentication and anti-counterfeiting solutions will be hampered by legal issues of who owns the IP. It appears much of the YPB intellectual property ("IP") is founded on what was acquired in YPB's acquisition of Motif Micro. It would seem MIT own the IP/patent and Motif Micro was given an exclusive license to exploit the IP/patent, and in my experience, such licensing usually includes a termination clause which comes into play on bankruptcy/insolvency of either party to the license.

YPB is really a 'basket case' so far as all those who currently hold YPB shares.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.641M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
56 125442248 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 85987966 28
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CDE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.