HFR 8.77% 31.0¢ highfield resources limited

Mr Harris has over 25 years’ experience in financial markets and...

1. 1,717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Mr Harris has over 25 years’ experience in financial markets and investment banking, including roles with Citibank, Bankers Trust and Merrill Lynch advising mining organisations on strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets. He is well known by the Australian investment community and was also Managing Director – Head of Metals and Mining at Citi for several years. Most recently Paul has been working with mining company boards as a non-executive director as well as providing advisory services on strategy and finance.
    Incoming Chairman Mr Harris said “Potash is a key product for the world’s future and it is an honour to follow Richard and to take on this role with Highfield to deliver a new Western European and geopolitically secure source of this increasingly important resource. I am delighted to welcome Paul at this key moment for the Company.
    I am convinced that Paul, as Board Chair, and with his significant experience with respect to debt and equity capital markets and his extensive networks in the Australian mining financing sector, will make a great contribution towards the delivery of the Company’s flagship Muga mine.”

Thanks CEO.

Im a bit torn by this announcement.

Looks like a great announcement; strategy and experience in debt and equity markets, just what the doctor ordered....

I do question the timing however. I thought Endeavour Finance were spear heading the financing. 300m euros of debt, with financial institutions finalising their due diligence. The remaining 80m euros through equity, presumably venture capital. Reading between the lines, does this mean there has been issues/delays in finding willing/suitable investors to fund the remaining 80m euros...........and in part Paul has been appointed to address this? Speculation, but that's where my head went to. I doubt financing will be finalised in Q3, which is ordinary seeing the time they've had.... Time will tell.

Also curious of Pauls experience in 'mergers & acquisitions' and how this has been highlighted in the press release. Food for future thought?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HFR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
31.0¢
Change
0.025(8.77%)
Mkt cap ! $121.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.5¢ 31.0¢ 29.0¢ $31.47K 103.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15000 30.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.0¢ 24300 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.20pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HFR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.