CLH 0.00% 6.8¢ collection house limited

Colablackandwhite You raised an interesting point about lower...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,244 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1233
    Colablackandwhite

You raised an interesting point about lower PDL amortisation equating to higher NPAT. Ask who gained, and bingo, you have a conspiracy theory.

In response to a question directed to me in a CCP thread that referred to CLH, I wrote yesterday that CLH might be facing a less than stellar 2016 because it might have forward shifted profits into 2015 by applying a lower than average PDL amortisation factor of 42%, and that 2016 may be when it has to correct this, and that blaming a deteriorating PDL supply situation may just be an excuse. CCP, for instance, usually amortises PDLs at 47%. I also raised the fact that I could not reconcile the rate of EPS growth recorded by CLH given that its ROE and income retention ratios suggest a lower potential for EPS growth.

There could be reasons why 42% amortisation may be valid (e.g., extracted more collections from older PDLs), and reasons why CCP may need to amortise at a higher rate than CLH (CCP may buy crappier PDLs), and it is possible to grow EPS faster than ROE x Retained Earnings if other things change, but as I do not hold CLH, I was not motivated to investigating further. Maybe those with skin in the game have more incentive to dig deeper.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 26/10/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.