KOV 0.20% $10.20 korvest ltd

This does seem cheap, however I am concerned about the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    This does seem cheap, however I am concerned about the following:
    - On average, $2.1m p.a was spent on property, plant & equipment from 2008 - 2015. In the last 3 years, they have spent $2.6m combined! Operating cash flow might come good soon but there is clearly a capex catch-up to be had of close to $4m...not withstanding the main kettle replacement they are having to pay for now which I suspect is a substantial cost. Free cash flow will be poor for a couple of years.
    - $450k p.a remuneration package for non-exec directors is huge for a company of this size and complexity. A 6 person board, including 4 non-exec directors for a simple company with a mkt cap of $25m is excessive.
    - $1.8m p.a for the key management team...yeesh. Most of them barely hold any shares either!
    - The new CEO risk. You see this so often, new CEO comes in and cleans the deck. Writes down inventory & PPE then embarks on a nice capex spend to help with his performance related remuneration.
    - Even though this is a cyclical company, I just do not think there is any material mean reversion to be had. My calculation of free cash flow over the past 10 years showed an average of $2.9m p.a. Say we expect this to be trading on 10 times FCF if/when FCF comes back to its 10 year mean, that's only a market cap of $29m. We are at $25m now.

I like these pokey little company's and I think this looks cheap but I do not think it is yet. Thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KOV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.