RFX 4.76% 11.0¢ redflow limited

As I already own the solar panels, when I'm not using the energy...

1. 3,372 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 690
    As I already own the solar panels, when I'm not using the energy it is exported to the grid and this adds to the load on the grid. 

If I store the energy I'm not using in a battery the load on the grid is less (and therefore less money and resources need to be spent on the grid. 

Furthermore that energy stored in my battery I can use at night rather than it being generated by coal/gas 100kms away. 

Therefore there are environmental benefits of having a battery rather than feeding that excess energy into the grid. 

It isn't about thumbing my nose at the Govt. 

It is about insulating ones life from the lack of policy of the Govt, which will cause higher prices and brown/black outs during periods of high demand on the grid. 

I'd also hope that by having a battery I could hopefully smooth out or reduce the high mains voltage. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-08/high-voltage-fuelling-increased-electricity-consumption/10460212

Not really sure if a RFX battery would or could be configured to reduce the mains voltage. But something that I'm interested in finding out about. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $27.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 11.0¢ $2.321K 21.09K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 53967 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 40139 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.04pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.