REX 0.86% 57.5¢ regional express holdings limited

This from the 'Herald Sun' online on Monday 20 December 2021 is...

1. 10,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1389
    This from the 'Herald Sun' online on Monday 20 December 2021 is sensible commentary from REX Deputy Chairman The Hon John Sharp but he's dealing with three Marxist Premiers (Labor) in Victoria, WA and Queensland who hate the Prime Minister, and who use border closures as a method of controlling us, so unfortunately Mr Sharp's words will fall on deaf ears. These three Premiers want to see the Federal Liberal/Nationals defeated at the Federal election that's likely in May 2022, so they'll stop at nothing despite their own proven gross neglect and incompetence.

I cannot give advice nor would I presume to, but I don't hold any airline shares for good reason.

Omicron updates: Aussies cancel flights, airlines warn Christmas passengers

9f19deab9add3c48652ec4da0a0fe9c885502d5d.webp

heraldsun.com.au | 00:26

Omicron forces people to rethink travel plans

UP NEXT

Omicron forces people to rethink travel plans
    Ellen Ransley

December 20, 2021 1:25pm
    Australians are so nervous about Covid-19 this Christmas that they are cancelling their travel plans, as flight operators call on state premiers to “hold their nerve” and keep borders open amid a new Covid-19 challenge.
    As a new survey reveals nearly three-quarters of Australians are wavering on their Christmas travel plans amid a surge of Covid cases and the new Omicron variant. Rex Airlines have already begun recording a spike in cancellations.
    Deputy chairman John Sharp said he was urging state premiers to “hold the line” and give Australians confidence this holiday season.

038e1d65f540a75b8e48353afe3c8146efcb83f1.webp
    Rex Airlines Deputy Chairman John Sharp said Australians had begun to cancel their Christmas flights amid mounting concern over Covid and distrust of state premiers. . Picture: NCA NewsWire / Gaye Gerard
    “People are now starting to cancel their bookings to fly around Australia or from overseas as well because they’re nervous about catching coronavirus, or alternatively worried that they might be a close contact to somebody who has got the virus and will be put into quarantine” Mr Sharp told Today.
    “When you travel, you are obviously going to be in very close contact with people and so the risks, people are assessing, are quite high.
    “We are going to continue to operate our flights as per our schedule, that is our intention. (But) it is very much up to state premiers.
    “State premiers have proven in the past that they are very keen and willing to close borders and introduce travel restrictions and so I would say that the risk of cancellation is very much up to those governments, premiers, and I would urge those state premiers to hold the line.”

7223e9fec536d1b4fe2aace5623aaa4e825447dd.jpg
    Almost three-quarters of Australians say their travel plans had been ‘negatively impacted’ due to Omicron. Picture: Naomi Jellicoe
    Mr Sharp said Australians had been “persuaded” to get vaccinated to not only protect themselves against getting the virus, but also to travel freely around the country.
    “I think it would be a breach of trust between governments and the public if state premiers were now to say, despite the fact that we have got the highest vaccination rates anywhere in the world, we are going to close borders and restrict your ability to travel,” he said.

“Keep your nerve and don’t break that trust..."
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 20/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add REX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.5¢
Change
-0.005(0.86%)
Mkt cap ! $65.09M
Open High Low Value Volume
56.0¢ 57.5¢ 56.0¢ $74.91K 133.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1369 57.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
58.0¢ 1800 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.40pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
REX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.