KDR 0.00% $1.90 kidman resources limited

The subtleties are important here. There is a difference between...

1. 1,355 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3798
    The subtleties are important here. There is a difference between the KDR BOD supporting it in the absence of a better offer, which is in the agreement and them "recommending" it. I support it also in the absence of a better offer, but the BOD wanted to put a "for sale" sign up. WES gave them their chance. I agree KDR is a long term a winner but there is massive funding required and at least 3 years. it is my view that the BOD is giving shareholders the chance to make the call as to what we want to do and also giving third parties the chance to put their hat in the ring. They are supporting the WES offer for the moment as they had to in order to give KDR the chance to get a better offer. Of course there is self interest there. For my part if they had said we recommend that shareholders take it then that means "take it and run, it is the best offer we are going to get" but to support it means to me "this is a good start and we are grateful that WES has had the foresight to make us a reasonable offer so we are putting it to the shareholders and support it". You may not agree but I see the two approaches very differently at the AGM. The odds were chosen carefully. The second approach definitely leaves the door open.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.